Sunday, February 2, 2014

Nut and seed clusters

I haven't posted a recipe in ages. Tonight, I was prepping for Monday morning, and I realized that one of the snacks I regularly make is a recipe! It's so quick and easy, I hadn't thought of sharing.


These clusters of nuts and seeds are a little sweet, a little salty, and there are lots of ways you can shake up the recipe. We've used them as a snack, or sprinkled on oatmeal.

2 cups any seeds or chopped nuts (I used hemp hearts, pumpkin seeds, pecans and almonds)
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp honey or agave
Dash salt
Dash cinnamon 
Splash of vanilla
Splash of water

Heat a pan on the stove. Add nuts and toast a little. Remove from heat, add everything else. Return to heat for a couple of minutes. Then transfer to a plate to cool. As it cools, break it into chunks the size you like.



I've also made these with cocoa powder or ginger. You could also do all seeds so it can go to school. A proper serving would be about 1/4 cup, but good luck with that. 

3 comments:

  1. Do you start with raw or natural nuts or roasted nuts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Start with raw nuts and seeds, toast them a bit before adding everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious! I love making snacks like this, perfect grab and go options when I need a little pick me up. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete