Thursday, October 9, 2014

Back in the swing

School finally started and the last few weeks have been a blur of getting back into routine. My little one is slowly adjusting to kindergarten, although has had a hard time leaving me the last couple of days. Just in time for a long Thanksgiving weekend! The kids are staying with my parents while Greg and I head to Seattle. Hopefully the time apart doesn't make it harder on my kindie next week!

Fall is the most wonderful time for food. We have been enjoying squash and kale, lots of apples, and I just roasted up my first pumpkin of the season.

On these chilly fall mornings, baked oatmeal has been our go to breakfast. Today will start with baked pumpkin pie oatmeal. I like this one, which I double and bake in a 9-inch round cake pan.

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2010/11/10/baked-pumpkin-oatmeal-for-one/


No comments:

Post a Comment