Sunday, April 28, 2013

It's Sunday, Get out and Play with your kids!


It's a beautiful day in the Okanagan! We started today with a new invention "Bran and Raisin Pancakes", Greg invented them in his mind, I executed them for him. Now we're taking turns going for our runs and my kids are playing downstairs. And I'm blogging and doing other work on the computer. As I scanned through my photos, I realized I miss my kids! And we're in the same house! My work can wait a little longer, it is Sunday and after a busy week it's time for some family fun.

You would think I'd have got the message last night when we were hiking in the forest. I kept saying to my three year old "Hurry, catch up to Daddy." and he was stopping, literally, to smell the flowers. It suddenly hit me...stop and smell the flowers! So we did. All of them. And the forest floor is covered in sunflowers and purple, orange, blue and white flowers that I don't know the name of. It was beautiful, and a special time to slowly wander through beautiful nature with my little boy.

So I'll leave you with my recipe for pancakes, then I'll go enjoy my kids. While they still want me to!

Bran and Raisin Pancakes:
1 1/4 cups spelt flour
1/2 cup bran
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon, or more
1/2 cup molasses
1 1/2 cups soy milk
1 "egg" ( I used Ener-G Egg Replacer, I bet an egg would work)
3 Tbsp oil
1 Tbsp brown Sugar
1 Tbsp ground flaxseed

Raisins- about a half cup.

Mix dry ingredints, add wet ingredients. Pour onto a hot griddle (medium) and sprinkle the tops with raisins. Cook on one side until they look dry and holey. Flip and cook on the other side about 5 minutes. Serve with Earth Balance and Maple Syrup or whatever other toppings you like. Ejnoy- then get out there and play!

No comments:

Post a Comment