Monday, April 1, 2013

A Quick Easter Dinner!

It was such an amazing weekend here in Kelowna, we spent most of it outside. With no family here for Easter dinner, there was no pressure to whip up a tofu turkey and the elaborate new recipe we'd planned to try seemed like too much effort for such a beautiful day. We ended up making BBQ seitan lettuce wraps. I used a seitan lunch loaf I'd made ages ago, cubed it up and added to sauteed onions and garlic. Then I added a sauce of hoisin, soy sauce, mustard and a touch of agave. I let it all steam a bit and get nice and sticky. Then we spread it onto big, gorgeous red lettuce leaves from last weeks Urban Harvest delivery. I served it with a big salad of greens including kale- and a tahini dressing. It was amazing! Went really well with the Wild Horse Canyon Chardonnay- but I'm no expert. Happy Easter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment