Friday, April 5, 2013

Thanks for the reminder, Easter Bunny.

We normally eat a pretty healthy diet around here. Yes, we eat desserts, and often, but they're made by me with whole grain flours, flax seeds, nuts, dates, less refined sugars and healthy fats. But we are not immune to the alluring ways of the Easter Bunny. The boys got a modest amount of Easter chocolates and jelly beans, they went to town Easter morning, and have sort of lost interest since then. Sadly, I haven't lost interest. Something about Cadbury Creme Eggs, and Whopper Eggs takes me back to my childhood, which was happy. I have been by those baskets several times a day, grabbing one or two of the treats. As I was running Tuesday afternoon, I noticed how hard every hill was. I was short of breath on the downhills! And my legs felt like lead weights. It happened quickly, and I'm back on track now. But it made me think of two things that I needed to share: 1. Healthy eating makes everything else easier, even if the prep takes a bit more time. 2. If you slip up on your path to healthier eating, shake it off and carry on. Thanks Easter Bunny, even dietitians need a reminder of why we do what we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment