Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Sprout Recipe Success

It's been a busy week with kindergarten wrapping up, along with the usual client, home and family stuff. Today was an all day field trip to a Splash Park with the kindergarten class. I had my little son in tow and our friends little girl too. Since I'm in the heart of my sprouting challenge (##bioSnackySpouts), I decided for a packable snack I'd try a mung bean date and cocoa ball idea that came to me during a sleepless night (another topic all together) It worked! 5 year olds were asking for seconds and nobody knew they were eating freshly sprouted mung beans and I felt virtuous watching my kids eat these instead of processed granola bars and other packaged goodies.

Kelly's Mung Bean Sprout, cocoa date balls (I need a better name for these...)
1 cup mung beans
1 cup dates, soaked overnight and drained
1/2 cup oats (could probably handle up to 3/4 cup)
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Blend everything in a food processor. I started with the mung beans, pumpkin seeds and dates, to be sure those would blend up finely enough. Roll into balls and roll in shredded coconut. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment